“Nick has been running, training runners, or volunteering for the Boston Marathon for over thirty years. As a physical therapist, he offers strategies that are based on best practices for health, as a runner, he’ll make you fall in love with our world class race.”
—Dave McGillivray, DMSE Sports
“It is difficult to run one Boston Marathon let alone 26 in a row. Nick’s accomplishment shows the great mental tenacity, strength and love for this endeavor. Bravo!”
—Mary Camire, 13 years running Boston Marathons and not in a row
About the Book
An insider’s view to running the Boston Marathon; read what it really takes to train, persevere, and complete the oldest and most popular of all marathons.
- Strategies and tips for beginners to experienced runners
- Train using Nick’s “Ten Commandments of Boston”
- Make your own energy drink to save money and feel better
- What to eat the night before and day of the race
- Read the author’s account of the bombing on Patriots’ Day 2013
Conquering the Beast takes the reader to the heart of the Boston Marathon experience and defines what it means to both runners and the community. Nick’s experience and information are backed up by his lifelong career as a physical therapist and a true love of running.